Just a little news about the No Impact Project, the non-profit effort I started to help people to become engaged citizens through both lifestyle change and community and national political involvement (from both sides of the aisle).
1. We are looking for a program associate. The job description is below and on Idealist. Please follow directions below to apply.
2. We are also always looking for interns and volunteers. The type of work we have includes elements of what is in the job description below. People who help out are often able to get credits from their college or a good resume boost. If you're interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Program Associate at the No Impact Project
The No Impact Project is looking for a New York City based, talented and motivated college graduate with two to five years work experience in event production, fund raising and/or non-profit management. This is a 20 to 30 hour a week position that could ultimately become full time. You will work closely with and report to Colin Beavan (aka No Impact Man) to raise funds, execute program logistics, and help to build interest in all of our programs including No Impact Weeks, our Eco Leadership retreats and more.
The No Impact Project was founded in 2009 by Colin Beavan (No Impact Man), following the success of his blog, book, and Sundance-selected film, which chronicle his experiment in living a zero-waste lifestyle in New York City. We have reached millions of people with our programs, including the No Impact Week, an engaging and fun weeklong carbon cleanse that gives participants the opportunity to experience a low impact living experiment of their own.
Program Associate Duties and Responsibilities
This is an excellent position for someone with great organizational, administrative, communication and writing skills who likes the idea of working independently and having a lot of responsibility early in their career.
The No Impact Project takes a fun, love-filled, and slightly unconventional approach to its work and its mission. We partner regularly with much larger environmental organizations so you would have frequent interaction with other parts of the non-profit world.
Because we are small, we have the flexibility to try new things as long as they fulfill our mission and are fulfilling to all involved. We are not a bricks and mortar organization. We work from our homes, cafes and other pleasant meeting places and stay in regular contact by phone, Skype and regular meetings.
Our mission is to combine various forms of media and entertainment with educational programs in order to engage regular citizens in the quest for a way of life that is both better for people and better for the planet. Our methodology is to move people along a path from passive concern, to personal/lifestyle change to community and political engagement (from both sides of the aisle).
Areas of responsibility will include:
● Program-related research, development, and execution
● Communications and marketing
● Event planning
● Grant proposal research and writing
● Social media and technology project development
● Administrative duties
● College graduate
● Resident of New York City or surrounding area
● Excellent writing and communications skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Previous experience in event planning or program management
● Highly organized and detail oriented
● Interest in environmental and sustainability issues
● Ability to work independently and take initiative
● Confident, good sense of humor, creative thinker (all requirements!)
As most of our work is done via telephone and internet, the position is mostly virtual. It will begin as a part time consultant, with the potential to become full time staff. We are looking to start the Program Associate immediately. Applications are due by April 18th, 2011.